Participants on this course will receive an abrasive wheels training certificate (in-house Certificate of Attendance), valid for 2 years.
Incorrect use and mounting of abrasive wheels can lead to serious injury and fatalities. Legislation requires that only trained, competent and appointed personnel can inspect, select, use and maintain abrasive wheels. Anyone using abrasive wheels must be able to prove that they have been trained and are competent to work with them.
The aim of this abrasive wheels course is to provide participants with the necessary skills, knowledge and competence to identify, select, store & handle, mount, dress and operate abrasive wheels in order to prevent serious injury or fatalities. This includes either fixed (e.g. Bench grinders or polishers) or portable (e.g. angle grinders) abrasive wheels.
- Hazards and risks when using abrasive wheel
- Safe handling of abrasive wheels
- Safely identify and store abrasive wheels
- Selection of the appropriate wheel to use
- How to inspect and recognise damaged wheels
- Mounting an abrasive wheel
- Operation of abrasive wheels
- Demonstrate to participants in a practical demonstration the safe use of an abrasive wheel
Dates & times
This abrasive wheels training course is a half day (4 hours) course. Days and times to be confirmed, subject to the ongoing Covid 19 situation.
Cost & funding
€45. DEASP funding available dependent on criteria. Please contact us for further details.