NPTC City & Guilds & LANTRA accredited
Successful participants on this NPTC City and Guilds chainsaw training course will receive Level 2 awards in:
- Chainsaw, Maintenance and Crosscutting
- Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
LANTRA Certificate of Attendance.
Upon completion of this basic chainsaw course, the learner will have acquired a good knowledge of chainsaw safety and maintenance, as well as knowing how to fell and process trees up to 15” (380mm) in diameter. It is suitable for candidates with little or no previous experience of using chainsaws.
The following content will be covered on our approved chainsaw safety training course: `
- Day 1 – classroom / workshop based
- Days 2 to 5 – cutting site
- Day 6 – assessment day at cutting site
- Maintenance of chainsaw
- Protective clothing and safety features of the chainsaw
- Chain sharpening, fuelling, oiling
- Starting chainsaw and pre-start checks
- Felling of small trees using various felling techniques
- Snedding or delimbing of felled trees
- Cross cutting
- Take down of hung-up trees using hand tools
Click here for more information from NPTC City & Guilds Chainsaw Maintenance and Crosscutting.
Click here for more information from NPTC City & Guilds Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm.
Dates & times
This is a 6 day basic chainsaw course in Wicklow (5 days training, 1 day assessment). Days and times to be confirmed, subject to the ongoing Covid 19 situation.
Cost & funding
Please contact us for course cost. DEASP funding available dependent on criteria. Please contact us for further details.