This is a QQI accredited bookkeeping course. On successful completion of this course the learner will achieve a QQI bookkeeping certification at Level 5 -Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised (5N1354).
The purpose of our Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to produce and maintain accurate accounting records for a range of organisations, using manual and computerised bookkeeping systems.
- Key terminology
- Maintenance of bookkeeping records
- Complete the accounts, with appropriate VAT and departmental analysis, from a range of source documents to include: invoices, credit notes, bank records and petty cash vouchers
- Posting information from the day books to the appropriate accounts in the debtors, creditors and nominal ledgers
- Extract a trial balance at the end of an accounting period
- Prepare bank reconciliations using bank statements supplied
- Prepare the end-of-period VAT return in accordance with the requirements of the Revenue Commissioners
- Printing reports after backing up computerised data
Click here for more information from QQI.
Dates & times
10 weeks part-time. Days and times to be confirmed, subject to the ongoing Covid 19 situation.
Cost & funding
€325, inclusive of exam fees. Installment option €65 x 5. DEASP funding available dependent on criteria. Please contact us for further details.