Upon successful completion of this desktop publishing course participants will be awarded the QQI certificate in Desktop Publishing at Level 5 (5N0785).
The aim of this certified desktop publishing course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to produce a range of documents containing text and graphic images, from design briefing to printing , using a Desktop Publishing System (DTP).
The following will be covered on our Desktop Publishing QQI Level 5 course:
- Understanding publisher objectives
- Principles of good design
- Typography and manipulating text
- Layout issues
- Generate graphic content using a DTP application to create, import, capture and manipulate images and drawings
- Manipulating graphics
- Creating various publications
- Set up a document for publication or printing
- Licensing and copyright
Click here for more information from QQI.
Dates & times
Ongoing. Days and times to be confirmed, subject to the ongoing Covid 19 situation.
Cost & funding
Cost €375, inclusive of exam fees. Instalment option 5 x €75. DEASP funding available dependent on criteria. Please enquire for further details.