QQI Component Certificate in Digital Media 3N0552.
This blended learning digital media and short filmmaking course for beginners is designed for those with little or no experience of filmmaking, digital platforms or blended learning. It is an intensive and highly practical 6 week part-time film production course.
This course will provide hands-on training in professional filmmaking, in a fun and creative environment. It will serve as a perfect starting point for further education and possible careers in the film industry.
The content of our digital media and filmmaking course for beginners will include:
Weeks 1 & 2
Students will create a 1 minute Multi-Screen video comprising of 45 seconds video and 15 seconds still image as part of the opening credits of their production. Skills learned include:
- Technical skills: Camera operation (DSLR and Smartphone), and storage and distribution of video/photographic material
- Digital Learning skills: instruction on how to use Zoom, Google Classroom, Spotify , WeTransfer, and setting up and using email on Smartphone for use during course
Weeks 3 & 4
Students will create and deliver a completed storyboard and script, and will also complete digital production notes for on set and QQI submission. Skills learned include:
- Technical skills: research, production paperwork, cinematography, lighting, visual and audio
- Digital learning skills: team-working through Zoom, digital templates, and submissions via Google Classroom
- Workshops: creative lighting on set, enhanced camera techniques and audio for film
Weeks 5 & 6
Students will direct and produce their devised film on location, and review, edit, finalise, and publish the film to social media platforms. Skills learned include:
- Technical skills: Location prep, cast prep, equipment prep, film shoot, review, final evaluation, and creation of individual video diaries
- Digital learning skills: Collaborative editing via group Zoom and screencasting
- Presentation and communication skills: students will present their short film to staff and fellow students
Click here to view the course poster where you can find further details about this course.
Learning will be through a combination of in class tutoring, online learning via Google classroom, Zoom group tutorials, online workshops, collaborative learning and student mentoring. Students are not required to have any prior knowledge of the digital platforms used on this course. Students will be given digital skills training.
Click here to find out more about blended learning at Glenealy IT Centre.
Students completing QQI Level 3 in Digital Media can progress directly to QQI Level 4 in Digital Media 4N1858 or onto our BTEC International First Diploma in Creative Media Production creative media and filmmaking course.
Glenealy Film Facebook
Check out our Glenealy Film Facebook page at:
Dates & times
6 weeks part-time via blended learning. Days and times to be confirmed, subject to the ongoing Covid 19 situation.
Cost & funding
Funding available dependent on criteria. Please contact us for further details.