ICS (Irish Computer Society) accredited
ICDL – International Computer Driving Licence
In this fast changing technological world computer literacy is a fundamental skill. ICDL is a digital skills certification which covers a wide range of computer applications and online skills. Proficiency and certification in these applications will greatly help the participant to become competent and confident in their digital skills, in both their personal and professional lives. ICDL is an international qualification which is sought after and widely recognised by employers.
This course is suitable for those with a basic knowledge of computer skills. The aim of the course is to:
- Raise your level of competency in essential IT and Computer Skills
- Provide a passport to higher level IT education
- Improve job prospects
- Provide an internationally recognised qualification
- Computer Essentials (base module)
- Online Essentials (base module)
- Word Processing (base module)
- Spreadsheets (base module)
- Presentation (standard module)
- Using Databases (standard module)
- IT Security (standard module)
Students who successfully complete the first 4 modules (base modules) listed above will be eligible to be awarded the ICDL Base Certificate, which proves fundamental skills in these areas.
The following standalone module option is also available:
- Image Editing (standard module)
Click here for more information and syllabus for each module.
Click here for more information on blended learning at Glenealy IT Centre.
Dates & times
1 day per week, Monday 10am to 1 pm, for 20-24 weeks. Days and times to be confirmed, subject to the ongoing Covid 19 situation.
Cost & funding
The cost for the 7 Standard Certificate modules is €375. Instalment option available (5 x €75). Additional exam fees €20 per module. Please contact us for cost of standalone module option. DEASP funding available dependent on criteria. Please contact us for further details.