Accredited manual handling training
In-house Manual Handling Certificate of Attendance certified by the accredited Manual Handling Instructor, which is valid for 3 years.
This manual handling training course provides best practice training to staff engaged in the manual handling of loads under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2007. Attendees will be taught the skills needed to assess manual handling risks and to safely undertake these tasks.
Manual handling course content
- Law related to manual handling
- Employer & employee duties
- Function & anatomy of the spine
- Manual handling injuries & hazards
- Means to avoid or reduce manual handling
- Good handling techniques & practice
- Conducting a risk assessment using the T.I.L.E. principle
- The 8 principles of manual handling
Click here to find out more about manual handling from the Health and Safety Authority.
Dates & times
4 hours. Days and times to be confirmed, subject to the ongoing Covid 19 situation.
Cost & funding
€65 . DEASP funding available, dependent on criteria. Please contact us for further details.