This course is a QQI accredited payroll course. On successful completion of the course the learner will achieve a QQI payroll certification at Level 5 – Payroll Manual and Computerised (5N1546).
The purpose of our QQI Level 5 Payroll Manual and Computerised award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to operate and maintain accurate payroll records, using manual and computerised systems, for an organisation working under general direction and supervision.
This payroll course is suitable for beginners. It is also suitable for learners with experience in payroll who want to improve their career prospects and responsibilities by increasing and formalising their payroll knowledge with an accredited qualification. The learner will be taught the principles of the PAYE system, including PAYE, USC, PRSI, and how to operate payroll for employees using both manual and computerised systems to include:
- Access a payroll package successfully
- Enter company details and employee details
- Edit or change employee details
- Enter details of pay frequency
- Enter payment and deduction types, e.g. overtime rate, bonus, holiday pay, health insurance and pension details
- Print payroll management reports including payslips
- Update records at the end of each payroll frequency
- Backing up of data each payroll frequency
- Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary mid-year and year end tax forms for employees
- Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary end-of-period and year end returns and tax forms for the Revenue Commissioners.
Click here for more information from QQI.
Dates & times
10 weeks part-time. Days and times to be confirmed, subject to the ongoing Covid 19 situation.
Cost & funding
€325, inclusive of exam fees. Instalment option 5 x €65. DEASP funding available dependent on criteria. Please contact us for further details.